Re: UTF8 and Accented Characters - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Chris Campbell
Subject Re: UTF8 and Accented Characters
Date
List pgsql-novice

Please disregard…  The issue was with an improperly set property on my data connection.

From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Chris Campbell
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:22 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] UTF8 and Accented Characters

Hi,  I’m attempting to import data into a Postgresql database, which was defined as using a utf8 character set.  A few of the text fields in my import contain accented characters (SAINT-ANDRÉ) as an example.  This is a rare case and won’t happen often but, obviously will happen occasionally so I need to know what options I have in dealing with them.  Also, do I have an option of using a different character set that supports the full breath of utf8 and accented characters?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Chris Campbell

Cascade Data Solutions, Inc.

ccampbell@CascadeDS.com