Re: Hints WAS: Index Tuning Features - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: Hints WAS: Index Tuning Features
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Woodward wrote:

> Exactly. IMHO, it is a frustrating environment. PostgreSQL is a great
> system, and while I completely respect the individuals involved, I think
> the "management" for lack of a better term, is difficult.

'course you're welcome to fork the project as well if your style
and/or priorities are different than the postgresql core team's.

If your approach is that much less frustrating, your project
would gain that much more momentum from developers joining you.

If more developers like your style and/or priorities, they'll
migrate to your project.  I think Bizgres, Mammoth, EnterpriseDB
and RedHat DB and Gentoo's-occasional-bizzaro-patches are both proofs
that it can work as well as proofs that it's difficult.