Re: continuing daily testing of dbt2 against postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Wong
Subject Re: continuing daily testing of dbt2 against postgresql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org> writes:
>> After over a year of problems (old site
>> http://developer.osdl.org/markw/postgrescvs/)  I have resumed producing
>> daily results of dbt-2 against PostgreSQL CVS code with results here:
>>     http://dbt.osdl.org/dbt2.html
>
> This is good to hear!  I am curious where we are now compared to where
> we were a year ago ... do you still have the old data, and is the test
> setup still comparable?

I made another couple of gross mistakes of forgetting to compile
PostgreSQL with --enable-thread-safe and enabling the user space irq
balancing program in Linux.  I've restarted the histories with 600 and
800 warehouse runs where 600 should be below peak system performance and
800 pushing the system beyond it's peak performance.

Still working on getting pointers to the old data...

Regards,
Mark