Re: Win32 hard crash problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Win32 hard crash problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> O.k. further on this.. the crashing is happening quickly now but not
>> predictably. (as in sometimes a week sometimes 2 days).
>
> OK, that seems to eliminate the GetTickCount-overflow theory anyway.
>
>> That log entry is the last (of consequence) entry before the machine says:
>> 2006-09-28 16:40:36.921  LOG:  received fast shutdown request
>
> Oh?  That's pretty interesting on a Windows machine, because AFAIK there
> wouldn't be any standard mechanism that might tie into our homegrown
> signal facility.  Anyone have a theory on what might trigger a SIGINT
> to the postmaster, other than intentional pg_ctl invocation?

Well the other option would be a windows restart. On windows would that
send a SIGINT to the backend?

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240  Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/