Re: [pgsql-jdbc] dollar-quoted CREATE FUNCTION statement fails - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Michael Paesold
Subject Re: [pgsql-jdbc] dollar-quoted CREATE FUNCTION statement fails
Date
In response to Re: [pgsql-jdbc] dollar-quoted CREATE FUNCTION statement fails to execute (SimpleQuery splitting invalid)  (Grégory Chazalon <Gregory.Chazalon@advestigo.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
About dollar-quoting in the JDBC driver...

Tom Lane wrote:
 > Last I heard, the JDBC driver hadn't been taught about dollar quoting at
 > all, so it's not surprising that a DQ literal within a query would
 > confuse it.
 >
 > This ought to get fixed sometime ...

Grégory Chazalon write:
> It's too bad that the driver doesn't support this... I have no idea how
> difficult would it be to include such an improvement. However, do you
> think there is a chance to see this in one of the next releases ?
>
> Needless to say it would be greatly appreciated, at least by one user
> :-)

Me too.

I guess it's just a matter of coding, right? Would the JDBC maintainers
accept a patch for the 8.2 release of the driver?

Best Regards
Michael Paesold