Re: ResultSetMetaData.getTableName() == null - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Markus Schaber
Subject Re: ResultSetMetaData.getTableName() == null
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi, Alex,

Alex Stienstra wrote:

> I'am surprised that PostgreSQL doesn't pass the table informatie to the
> client. Susprised, since for example the library PHP (pg_field_table) is
> using, does pass on this information. I'am quite sure that this library
> function is based on the same API as the JDBC implementation is.

AFAICS, it does pass _table_ information, but not alias information. Are
you shure the PHP library does show you alias information? Is it using
V2 or V3 protocol under the hoods?

Thanks,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org