Re: BUG #2642: Connection problems without IPv6 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Christoph Zwerschke
Subject Re: BUG #2642: Connection problems without IPv6
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
 > Perhaps you have a name server that is reporting only an IPv6
 > address for your machine?  Turning off the LAN prevents contacting
 > that server?

No, and I'm using only localhost as address, i.e. I am contacting
localhost, and I have listen_addresses = localhost in postgresql.conf.
My name server does not resolve internal names (I'm using LMHOSTS). All
other programs do work with that configuration (i.e. IPv6 uninstalled).

However, I just noticed that when I stop the DNS client (caching)
service, then the problem disappears as well. Strange.

-- Christoph