Re: WIP: SP-GiST, Space-Partitioned GiST - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: SP-GiST, Space-Partitioned GiST
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
> Since this was marked WIP and Tom has now kicked off two side
> discussions, what I've done is tagged references to each of them as
> comments to the main patch, then marked this as returned with feedback.
> Surely what I do in the CF app isn't going to influence what Tom wants
> to work on, so I'll leave this one to his watch now.  If it does turn
> out to be committed soon instead of re-submitted as I'm presuming right
> now, I can always go back and fix that.

Yeah, I've been head-down on this patch for more than a week now.
I would probably have bounced it back except that I think this is
a pretty important feature for 9.2.  At this point I've fixed all
the stuff I think is must-fix before commit, but it still needs another
read-through.  Might get done tomorrow if I'm feeling less under the
weather than I was today.

            regards, tom lane

Attachment