Re: Updated Press Release Draft

From: Anastasios Hatzis
Subject: Re: Updated Press Release Draft
Date: ,
Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Josh Berkus)
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Updated Press Release Draft  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Updated Press Release Draft  ("Harald Armin Massa", )
 Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Anastasios Hatzis, )
  Re: Updated Press Release Draft  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Josh Berkus, )
    Re: Updated Press Release Draft  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Peter Eisentraut, )
    Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Josh Berkus, )
     Re: Updated Press Release Draft  ("Magnus Hagander", )
      Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Bruce Momjian, )
       Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Josh Berkus, )
        Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Jussi Mikkola, )
         Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Josh Berkus, )
          Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Alvaro Herrera, )
      Re: Updated Press Release Draft  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
    Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Michael Dean, )
     Re: Updated Press Release Draft  ("Harald Armin Massa", )
   Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Jim Nasby, )
 Re: Updated Press Release Draft  (Chris Browne, )

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Ok, now that we have real release notes, I've done a re-draft:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/233/release.txt
> ... or in CVS, of course.

Well done, Josh!

> object-relational database management system. This 14th public release
> adds features, maturity, and performance requested by business users,
> delivering manageability comparable to leading proprietary database
> systems.  Version 8.2 is expected to drive even more migrations
> toward PostgreSQL.

IMHO 'proprietary' is not the only key... probably instead using
'high-end' or a better synonym which stress out PostgreSQL's ability to
compete with Oracle & Co. and to replace them in a growing number of
production environments?

I aggree with Harald that the cutting edge features should be mentioned
after the buzz-word-compliant features.

It would be fine, if we could give some figures or a number to underlay
the performance message, although figures are relative.

Ani