Re: PostgreSQL slammed by PHP creator - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kovács Péter
Subject Re: PostgreSQL slammed by PHP creator
Date
List pgsql-general
A case in point:

When it comes to driving a screw into a material (like wood) in which
the screw creates the mating helix itself when first driven in, you
might find it helpful to hammer a small portion of the screw into the
receiving part, so the screw "gets an initial hold". It is much easier
then to drive it fully in. Note that you do not need a heavy hammer and
in fact, using a heavy hammer in such cases might even be
counter-productive, since you would lose the sense of precision/accuracy
required: you would want to hammer only as much of the screw into the
wood as is needed for the screw to get "an initial hold" in the
receiving material and no more -- if you want to take advantage of the
greater  holding power of a mating helix.

P.