Re: New version of money type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: New version of money type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 08:17:29 -0700
> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Obviously ;), but it is deprecated by the project.
>
> I keep hearing that but no action is ever taken.  I think that there
> are too many people who still find it useful.
>
> By the way, I removed the currency symbol from the output.  Would
> removing the commas also make sense?  These are the sorts of things
> that can be added by applications.

I don't think that we should be providing *any* presentation beyond the
actual representation of the data. What if it is not US dollars? :)

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/