Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:00:12AM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> After upgrading some of my buildfarm members to the latest version of
>> the buildfarm script both OpenBSD boxes startet to fail the ECPG
>> regression tests:
>
> complex/test2 gets a segmentation fault on both machines. Could you try
> running it under gdb to see where it segfaults? I will try to get a hand
> on an OpenBSD machine myself, too

will try to get a backtrace soon - if you are trying to do your own
testing keep in mind that both boxes of mine do run with special
malloc-settings (as in FGJZ) as discussed in:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-06/msg00817.php

while I'm not sure yet that those are causing the errors to show up it
seems quite likely since they tend to catch hidden memory allocation errors.

Stefan