Re: Installing on Redhat 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Installing on Redhat 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Alan Hodgson wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 August 2006 14:49, "Dennis Reaves" <reaves@msn.com> wrote:
>> Any suggestion on trying to resolve this?  I can't seem to find anything
>> that helps.
>
> a) install an operating system that isn't >5 years old.
>
> or b) try rebuilding packages from the source RPM.
>
> or c) install from source.

Option "c" has always worked well for me on RH 7.[23].

The OP may have a problem similar to mine - systems that contains dozens
of quite expensive cards (in my case Dialogic) which are tied to
proprietary drivers with very particular version/kernel requirements. We
run our PG servers on recent OS versions but have to compile
clients/libs on RH 7.2 and 7.3.

Cheers,
Steve