Re: Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>> It is very, very common to have asynchronous replication. I would say
>> the need for synchronous is far more limited (although greater desired).
>
> I would imagine that multi-master synchronous replication would be
> fairly trivial to implement with 2PC and wal-shipping available, no?

Trivial? I would say... no. There is a reason it hasn't been done yet,
and a reason why CMD (for example) has zero plans to even try.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/