Re: How to install and run postgres - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Sean Davis
Subject Re: How to install and run postgres
Date
List pgsql-novice
Justus Mugbeh wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have download postgres 8.1.4 for  my laptop  window_XP but,
> I do not have the means to unpack the  software and run the
> program at the client/server side.
>
> Can anyone up there to  help me with step by step installation and
> running tutorial/instructions.

You will need to unzip the file that you downloaded.  It includes an
installer that you will simply need to run.  From there, you will
probably need to read some of the online documentation available from
the http://www.postgresql.org website.  Of course, you will also need
some understanding of SQL (google for SQL tutorials).  Finally,
postgresql doesn't come with a frontend a-la microsoft access.  The
frontend included with windows is pgAdminIII and is installed when you
install postgresql.

Sean