Re: 8.2 features status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 8.2 features status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> I am keeping URLs in the TODO list.  Why don't people submit
>>> improvements to the TODO list, rather than adding more complexity by
>>> making a separate wiki for every TODO item?  If no one updates the TODO
>>> item, what makes you think they are going to do somethin in a wiki?
>> Do you want a todo list with 4 paragraphs (minimum) for each todo item?
>
> The requirements of the item often change dramatically over time, so who
> is going to write paragraphs for a single item, especially if it will
> need updating.

O.k. maybe the other people haven't written it loud enough :). That is
the whole point of a WIKI. :)

>> Or:
>>
>> Hi, I am a C developer, PostgreSQL Rocks... I would like to take the
>> Enums todo. Here are my specific questions regarding your feature
>> requirements at URL ---
>
> Well, few have shown any interest in improving the TODO list, so who is
> going to be motivated to do even more than we have now?

Bruce you have at least a dozen people right now that are willing to
help. :) . I know for a fact that Andrew, Myself, Devrim and Darcy would
all be willing to help. I would throw Alvaro in there too but he is
probably the busiest of us all and would likely kill me ;)

I bet Jim would also be willing to help. Between you, and Tom and Peter
and Neil, and Alvaro we have all the engineer brains to help back us up.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/