Re: Hardware upgraded but performance still ain't good - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Hardware upgraded but performance still ain't good
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Have you ever actually had that happen?  I havn't and I've called
> support for a number of different issues for various commercial
> software.  In the end it might boil down to some distribution-specific
> issue that they're not willing to fix but honestly that's pretty rare.

Very rare, if you are using a reputable vendor.

>> even many of the companies that offer support for postgres have this
>> problem. the explination is always that they can't test every distro out
>> there so they pick a few and support those (this is one of the reasons why

Ahh and which companies would these be? As a representative of the most
prominent one in the  US I can tell you that you are not speaking from a
knowledgeable position.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/