Re: Values list-of-targetlists patch for comments (was Re: - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Values list-of-targetlists patch for comments (was Re:
Date
Re: Values list-of-targetlists patch for comments (was Re:
List pgsql-patches
Gavin Sherry wrote:
> Is this intentional:
>
> template1=# values(1), (2);
>  column1
> ---------
>        1
>        2
> (2 rows)
>
> This is legal because of:
>
> simple_select:
>         /* ... */
>             | values_clause                         { $$ = $2; }

hmm, not sure about that...

> Also, I am working out some docs and regression tests.

Oh, cool. I was going to start working on that myself tonight, but if
you're already working on it, don't let me stand in the way ;-)

Actually, if you want me to finish up whatever you have started, I'm
happy to do that too.

Joe