Re: Sun Donated a Sun Fire T2000 to the PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robert Lor
Subject Re: Sun Donated a Sun Fire T2000 to the PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:

>Hmmm ... AFAICS this must mean that flushing the WAL data to disk
>at transaction commit time takes (most of) 20 msec on your hardware.
>Which still seems high --- on most modern disks that'd be at least two
>disk revolutions, maybe more.  What's the disk hardware you're testing
>on, particularly its RPM spec?

I actually ran the test on my laptop. It has an Ultra ATA/100 drive
(5400 rpm). The test was just a quickie to show some data from the
probes. I'll collect and share data from the T2000 server later.

Regards,
-Robert