Re: contrib promotion? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: contrib promotion?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> So I would like either some mention of the more useful/stable modules
>> in core docs or a way for contrib modules to become 'official' add-on
>> modules (like PL-s are).
>
> This is actually an issue that goes way beyond pgcrypto. I think the
> manual should formally mention both /contrib and pgFoundry.org as
> someplace to get add-on features. An even better long-term solution
> would be something akin to CPAN, but I'm not holding my breath for
> that...

The manual does talk about pgFoundry, especially in 8.2 (that was my
patch ;)).

It talks about it in 8.1 as well but it is not as apparent.

Joshua D. Drake

>> Full merge into core would fix this also, but indeed there is not many
>> techical reasons for it.  (And editing pg_proc.h is PITA - I'd consider
>> it technical reason against it ;)
>>
>> --
>> marko

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/