Re: Progress bar updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Progress bar updates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Andreas,
>

>> Some weeks ago I proposed a PROGRESS parameter for COPY, to enable
>> progress feedback via notices. tgl thinks nobody needs that...
>>

> Well, *Tom* doesn't need it.  What mechanism did you propose to make this
> work?

Extended the parser to accept that keyword, and emit notices when n
lines were copied. I found that convenient when transferring a large
amount of data, to estimate total runtime.
Patch was submitted a while ago to -hackers, together with compression
that was torn down in a way not suitable to inspire me to continue.

Regards,
Andreas

Regards,
Andreas