Re: plPHP and plRuby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: plPHP and plRuby
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> And lastly, if we are not going to include these in core, I repeat what
> I said before: we need to undertake some *serious* evangelising to major
> packagers to get them to build more than just the core among their
> standard packages.

Andrew I keep seeing this, but what major packagers are we talking
about? Actually as I look at this, the only major distribution (that is
not commercial) that doesn't support a lot of PostgreSQL packages is Fedora.

Ubuntu
Debian
Gentoo
FreeBSD

All have a ton of packages (including plruby).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> cheers
>
> andrew

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/