Re: plPHP and plRuby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: plPHP and plRuby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> PLRuby is written in C.
>
> Specifically on the matter of PL/Ruby -- and if you're trying to be such
> an advocate about it, you should at least spell it right -- I have
> never seen the author particularly active within this community, so I
> have my doubts whether the development processes will integrate well.
> In fact, shouldn't the inclusion request come from the author in the
> first place?

That is a good point. However in this case, it was CMD that worked with
the Author to change the license, specifically for this case. I don't
think the author really had any intent of submitting it until we
approached him.
From a personal perspective, I do not care if we include PL/Ruby. I
don't use Ruby. I am a Python guy. However I know a lot of Ruby folk
that use PostgreSQL. This would be a good way to improve the native Ruby
support for PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/