Re: Fwd: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Fwd: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
Re: Fwd: Three weeks left until feature freeze  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> Most people who run FreeBSD have no need for Mammoth, until possibly
>> they want to upgrade via ports to a new version of PostgreSQL but they
>> don't want to upgrade FreeBSD.
>
> 'k, up to now, you had me ... but what does upgrading to a new version
> of PostgreSQL have to do with upgrading FreeBSD?  They are totally
> different sub-systems ...

I am not exactly sure how it works in FreeBSD but I can speak from
Fedora and Ubuntu.

For example there is NOT an PostgreSQL 8.1 for Ubuntu Breezy. We want to
continue to provide for older distributions (without breaking package
compatibility).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ----
> Email . scrappy@hub.org                              MSN . scrappy@hub.org
> Yahoo . yscrappy               Skype: hub.org        ICQ . 7615664

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/