Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Hallgren
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren <thomas@tada.se> writes:
>
>> Why to you persist talking about licensing issues with PL/Java? There are none. PL/Java
>> builds and runs just fine with gcj and the above statement is completely false.
>>

> Um ... if you use it with gcj, there may or may not be any licensing
> problems (please recall we are trying to be a BSD-only project, not a
> BSD-and-LGPL project),
You have no problems using gcc, gnu-make, etc. What's the difference?

>  but what of people who use some other JVM?
> It's not like gcj works for everyone yet.

What of them? If they decide to use another JVM, well, then let them. I
don't see where that becomes a licensing problem from PostgreSQL.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren