Re: Alternative to serial primary key - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Alternative to serial primary key
Date
List pgsql-sql
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 05:18:16PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>> owns/resides there in a situation where the address can never be
>> changed, e.g. "521 Main" splitting into "521A Main" and "521B Main."
>
> And anyone who has looked at an even moderately old city map will
> tell you that even this "impossible case" is by no means impossible.

I seem to remember that there used to be a street in the UK that not
only wasn't numbered in any apparent order, but had duplicate
house-numbers too. All in a length of a few hundred yards too, so all in
the same postal code.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd