Re: [pgadmin-support] 100% CPU - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] 100% CPU
Date
List pgsql-performance
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> moving to -performance
>
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 08:32:39AM +0100, Peter Newman wrote:
>> Good Morning
>>
>> I am new to postgres and have been asked to look at a server where we
>> truncate a table then load data.
>>
>> The CPU has started to hit 100% usage during this process.

This could be a good sign! - if you are using COPY into a table with no
indexes and your machine has a good IO subsystem, then typically cpu
becomes the limiting factor. However as Jim suggested, more details
would be good, otherwise we are just guessing!

Cheers

Mark