Re: Question about openSSL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: Question about openSSL
Date
List pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:

> Err, not quite correct. The app directory is *always* the first choice
> in either safe or unsafe mode, except if using LoadLibraryEx's alternate
> search order. See
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc
> /base/dynamic-link_library_search_order.asp.
>
> We rely on that to allow side-by-side PostgreSQL 8.0 and 8.1
> installations on Windows. The former installed libpq et al. in the
> system32 directory, whilst 8.1+ have private copies.
>
> Regards, Dave.

Well, I guess you don't need openssl with npgsql. I stand corrected.

As far as the search order goes, the link you gave does not validate the
behavior I see on my fully patched version of XP and fully patch versions
of win2k in a corp environment.

The MSDN docs are not always correct or fully updated.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design