Re: regresssion script hole - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: regresssion script hole
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Anyway, the tail end of the trace
>shows it repeatedly sending off a UDP packet and getting practically the
>same data back:
>

>I'm not too up on what the DNS protocol looks like on-the-wire, but I'll
>bet this is it.  I think it's trying to look up "kaltenbrunner.cc" and
>failing.

Why are we actually looking up anything? Just so we can bind to a
listening socket?

Anyway, maybe the box needs a lookup line in its /etc/resolv.conf to
direct it to use files first, something like
 lookup file bind

Stefan, can you look into that? It would be a bit ugly if it's calling
DNS (and failing) to resolve localhost.

cheers

andrew