Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Tom Lane wrote:
>

>>Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>>

>>>Where are we on this?  Should we just add a URL to the full 1MB test files?
>>>

>>Adding an MB to the distribution for tests that hardly anyone needs to
>>run is surely not a good idea.  What about putting them on pgfoundry and
>>then putting a link to that somewhere in the docs?
>>

>Yea, that sounds good.

The running of extra tests outside our standard regression set will be
one of the topics discussed during my session in Toronto. I don't mind
having them stored elsewhere, although it will make things a bit more
complex, but this use should be kept in mind (for example, I don't think
pgfoundry has a CVSup server, although it probably could have easily
enough).

cheers

andrew