Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump
Date
Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

> Would that be adequate, or do we really want to reimplement and maintain
> all
> the output format complexity in our own code, in C?

I think the point is that we should provide a native implementation
because not everyone is crazy enough to use perl (blatant jab ;)). I
would never expect a customer to write a perl or python script just to
get their data in what is widely considered a standard business format
that can be imported by their userland application.

The people on the hackers list, are NOT the target for this feature. The
people on general, admin and novice are.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Cheers,
>   Steve

            === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===      Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency:
+1.800.492.2240     Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
http://www.commandprompt.com/