Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump
Date
Re: CSV mode option for pg_dump  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Something someone said on IRC just now triggered a little memory  ... I
> think we should provide an option to have pg_dump work in CSV mode
> rather than text mode. This probably doesn't have much importance in the
> case of text dumps, but in custom or tar dumps where you might want to
> get at individual data members, having an option for CSVs that you want
> to load into some other product might be nice.
>
> This should be a pretty low cost item, I expect (good newbie project?)

Uhh... just about any application that can import CSV can import our
dumps. It just tell it the delimiter is a tab.

Joshua D. Drake

--
            === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===      Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency:
+1.800.492.2240     Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997