Re: Proposal for debugging of server-side stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lukas Smith
Subject Re: Proposal for debugging of server-side stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> I'd use the Komodo IDE and implement the ability to start the PL using a
> GUC setting per my original suggestion (with super-user requirement).
> Trivial solution, minimum effort, and very useful. KISS principle.

The DBGp protocol [1] I mentioned earlier is used by Komodo for example.
As a matter of fact Shane from ActiveState is one of the co-authors of
the protocol. The other author is Derick from the php project.

regards,
Lukas

[1] http://xdebug.org/docs-dbgp.php