How to set the global OID counter? COPY WITH OIDS does not set global OID counter? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dirk Lutzebäck
Subject How to set the global OID counter? COPY WITH OIDS does not set global OID counter?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

how can one set the global OID counter in 8.1.X? We think it would work
in 8.0.X using the COPY WITH OIDS command but this does not work in
8.1.X anymore.

We have the problem that we made a dump using 'pg_dump -o' in 8.0.X,
created a new database in 8.1.X and read back in but the global OID
counter stayed at 40.000 so OIDs will be allocated again!

Thanks for help,

Dirk