Re: Patch for - Allow server logs to be remotely read - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Dhanaraj M
Subject Re: Patch for - Allow server logs to be remotely read
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Uh, I just added /contrib/adminpack a few weeks ago to CVS, which does
>this, and more.  Sorry I forgot to mark the TODO item as completed.

1.  int8 pg_catalog.pg_file_read(fname text, data text, append bool)

Though the above pg_file_read provides an interface to read the files,
the admin has to know the complete file path in order to read from them.
This can be simplified. As I have implemented. it does not take the file
name as a parameter.
It automatically stored the postmaster file path and reads whenever
required.

2. As suggested in the mailing list by Tom lane, this feature is
implemented in contrib pkg.
   Hence, this feature is not forced on all.