Re: Regarding pg_dump utility - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Regarding pg_dump utility
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Personally I think it would be neat.  For example the admin-tool guys
> would be able to get a dump without invoking an external program.
> Second it would really be independent of core releases (other than being
> tied to the output format.)  pg_dump would be just a simple caller of
> such a library, and anyone else would be able to get dumps easily, in
> whatever format.

What about fully completing our SQL API for dumping?

ie. We finish adding pg_get_blahdef() for all objects, add a function
that returns the proper ordering of all objects in the database, and
then somehow drop out a dump with a single JOIN :D

Chris