Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Jim Nasby wrote:

>> yes, it's a file/directory it doesn't know about.
>>
>> At one stage I suppressed these checks, but I found that too many
>> times we saw errors due to unclean repos. So now buildfarm insists
>> on having a clean repo.
>>
>> I suppose I could provide a switch to turn it off ... in one recent
>> case the repo was genuinely not clean, though, so I am not terribly
>> keen on that approach - but I am open to persuasion.
>

> Another option would be to re-run cvs up one more time if we get any
> unexpected files. It sounds like that would fix this issue on windows
> machines, while still ensuring we had a clean repo to work from.

please see the new release of the buildfarm client, in which I have
followed Tom's suggestion of removing the -P flag from the checkout and
update commands - that should solve the Windows problem, as it will no
longer try to remove the directory. I hope that solves the problem - if
not I'll have a look at other solutions.

cheers

andrew