Re: "CVS-Unknown" buildfarm failures? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: "CVS-Unknown" buildfarm failures?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> meerkat and snake both have persistent "CVS-Unknown" failures in some
> but not all branches.  I can't see any evidence of an actual failure
> in their logs though.  What I do see is "?" entries about files that
> shouldn't be there --- for instance, meerkat apparently needs a "make
> distclean".  If that's what's causing the failure report, could we
> get the buildfarm to show a more useful status message?  I'd always
> assumed that "CVS-Unknown" suggested a transient problem such as
> connection loss, and there wasn't any need for human intervention.
>
> A more radical answer is to have the script go ahead and delete the
> offending files itself, but I can see where that might not have good
> fail-soft behavior ...

I have manually ran a dist-clean on meerkat for 8_0 and 8_1 and am
rerunning the builds now.

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/