Re: psql feature thought - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: psql feature thought
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> What if single line statements that were seperated by ; within psql were
>> implicitly within a transaction?
>
> Seems like this would risk breaking a lot of scripts.

I wouldn't assume that it would be a default feature of course. Perhaps
something that can be passed from the command line or from a .psqlrc ?

Joshua D. Drake

--
           === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===     Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency:
+1.800.492.2240    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997