Re: Initdb-cs_CZ.WIN-1250 buildfarm failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Initdb-cs_CZ.WIN-1250 buildfarm failures
Date
Re: Initdb-cs_CZ.WIN-1250 buildfarm failures  (Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> writes:
> On 20.12.2014 18:13, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> It is Microsoft encoding, - it is not available on Linux

> Not true. It is available on Linux, and the regression tests were
> running with it for a long time (essentially from the moment magpie was
> added to the buildfarm).

Well, you had it at one time, but it sure doesn't seem to be there now.

I poked around in the RHEL 6.6 release notes, and found this possibly
relevant tidbit:
 mingw component, BZ#1063396
 Following the deprecation of Matahari packages in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3, at which time the mingw packages were
notedas deprecated, and the subsequent removal of Matahari packages from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4, the mingw
packagesare now being removed from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6.

 The mingw packages will no longer be shipped in future Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 minor releases, nor will they
receivesecurity-related updates. Consequently, users are advised to uninstall any earlier releases of the mingw
packagesfrom their Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 systems.

It seems plausible that a WIN-1250 locale would have been something
that would've been supplied by mingw rather than being part of either
glibc-common or any official locale package.  I'm not sure how that
translates to it actively disappearing from your machine --- as the note
says, you're "advised to uninstall" mingw, but I don't think the 6.6
update would have removed it automatically.  Still, the outlines of a
theory are starting to come into focus.

Immediate recommendation is to restart the buildfarm critters with the
missing locale removed from their configurations.  If you can find the
locale again somewhere, by all means re-enable it, but better less testing
than no testing in the meantime.