Re: Arguments Pro/Contra Software Raid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Dorbath
Subject Re: Arguments Pro/Contra Software Raid
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09.05.2006 12:10, Jean-Yves F. Barbier wrote:
> Naa, you can find ATA &| SATA ctrlrs for about EUR30 !

Sure, just for my colleagues Raid Controller = IPC Vortex, which resides
in that price range.

> For bi-core CPUs, it might be true

I've got that from pgsql.performance for multi-way opteron setups.

> ?? Do you intend to use your server without a UPS ??

Sure there will be an UPS. I'm just trying to nail down the differences
between soft- and hardware raid, regardless if they matter in the end :)

> ?? Do you intend not to make backups ??

Sure we do backups, this all is more hypothetical thinking..

> Hope it will help you

It has, thanks.

--
Regards,