Re: plpython improvements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: plpython improvements
Date
Re: plpython improvements
List pgsql-patches

> I think that a less confusing way of saying it would be :
>
>  "Generators crash if python version used is 2.4.x and it is compiled
>  with asserts.
>
>  Currently only known linux distributions to distibute such python.so
>  files are Fedora and possibly other RedHat distributions, while
>  Gentoo, Ubuntu and Suse are OK.

Ubuntu ships 2.4 I don't know about SuSE. 2.4 has been out for sometime
and it would be a mistake to assume that we won't run into this.

People who are "developing" in Python are going to run 2.4 because it is
the latest stable release of the language.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/