Re: Large (8M) cache vs. dual-core CPUs - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From David Boreham
Subject Re: Large (8M) cache vs. dual-core CPUs
Date
List pgsql-performance

Actually, that was from an article from this last month that compared
the dual core intel to the amd.  for every dollar spent on the intel,
you got about half the performance of the amd.  Not bigotry.  fact.

But don't believe me or the other people who've seen the difference.  Go
buy the Intel box.  No skin off my back.
I've been doing plenty of performance evaluation on a parallel application
we're developing here : on Dual Core Opterons, P4, P4D. I can say that
the Opterons open up a can of wupass on the Intel processors. Almost 2x
the performance on our application vs. what the SpecCPU numbers would
suggest.