Re: 7.2.3? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.2.3?
Date
Re: 7.2.3?  (Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@atentus.com> writes:
> Memory leaks and such in the PL modules should be backported also.

This is getting out of hand :-(

7.2 is in maintenance status at this point.  I'm willing to do backports
for bugs that cause data loss, like this VACUUM/CLOG issue.
Performance problems are not on the radar screen at all (especially
not when the putative fixes for them haven't received much of any
testing, and are barely worthy to be called beta status).

We do not have either the developer manpower or the testing resources
to do more than the most minimal maintenance on back versions.  Major
back-port efforts just aren't going to happen.  If they did, they would
significantly impact our ability to work on 7.3 and up; does that seem
like a good tradeoff to you?