Re: plpgsql by default - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: plpgsql by default
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Richard Huxton wrote:
> Andrew - Supernews wrote:
>> On 2006-04-11, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> I don't feel a need to offer specific examples as requested by Andrew.
>>
>> Why not? You're basing your entire argument on a false premise (that
>> pl/pgsql is more powerful than SQL); I can provide specific examples of
>> why this is not the case, or refute any that you care to provide.
>
> You can write trigger functions in plpgsql.

That doesn't make it more powerful, just that it has another feature.
Keep in mind that all internal functions that PostgreSQL includes are
called from SQL.

Joshua D. Drake

--
            === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===      Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency:
+1.800.492.2240     Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997