Re: Tru64/Alpha problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: Tru64/Alpha problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>>>I'd like to know some settings that we can use that will get Tru64
>>>cleanly through the buildfarm set. If noone offers any, I propose that
>>>we revert the getaddrinfo() test in configure and use our own on Tru64
>>>until they do.
>

>>I have not had any response to this. Is there any objection to my
>>reverting the configure changes for the head and 8.1 branches?
>

> Presumably, whoever was complaining beforehand will come back ...
> but I don't remember who that was.
>
>             regards, tom lane

i think the issue you are referring to comes from a Solaris report.
some patch levels of solaris have seriously broken getaddrinfo(). in
this case pg_hba.conf cannot be read anymore.
we got a similar report some time ago. we did a simple configure tweak
to make sure that the onboard function is used. it seems to happen only
on some strange patchlevel (god knows which ones).
best regards,
    hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde & Schönig GmbH