Re: NLS vs error processing, again (was Re: Composite Type - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: NLS vs error processing, again (was Re: Composite Type
Date
Re: NLS vs error processing, again (was Re: Composite Type  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:

>It seems to me that there basically is no graceful solution to this sort
>of mismatch.  It might be possible to kluge things so that we disable
>NLS once we've recursed too many times in error processing, but that's
>surely pretty ugly.  What would be a lot more user-friendly would be to
>refuse the attempt to set client_encoding to something that can't handle
>our error message encoding, but I don't know what a reasonable set of
>restrictions would be.

Maybe it's the time to convert all PO files to UTF-8. I'm in process to
convert pt_BR ones.

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira