Re: index not used again - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jan Kesten
Subject Re: index not used again
Date
List pgsql-performance
Stephan Szabo schrieb:

> Did you reset the table contents between these two (remember that
> explain analyze actually runs the query)?  The second appears to be
> changing no rows from the output.

I for myself did not, but as there are runnig automatic jobs
periodically I can't tell, if one ran in the time while I was testing
(but I guess not). At starting my tests all rows contained a zero for
all tokens and there should be no ones at all.

In my case rows with token set to one are really rare, about one of a
thousand rows. I looked for fast way to find therse rows.

I'll try again after a successful run - not resetting the token (not
using analyse this time).

Cheers,
Jan

Attachment