Re: About how to use "exception when ??? then " - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Emi Lu
Subject Re: About how to use "exception when ??? then "
Date
List pgsql-sql
>On Thursday 16 March 2006 19:32, Emi Lu wrote:
>|>  Errors I got are:
>|>  syntax error at or near "SQLSTATE" at character 2613
>|>  LINE 58:    RAISE NOTICE 'Hmmmm.... [%,%]', SQLSTATE, SQL...
>|>

>|>  Should I install any patches or do anything elese to have SQLSTATE and
>|>  SQLERRM work for me?
>

>I'm so sorry, i had a terrible day and in the rush to reply to you, i forgot
>to mention the patch i applied some time ago.
>
>The patch and thread talking about it can be found here:
>
>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-04/msg00123.php
>
>This was what i used in my 8.0.6, and it worked fine ever since. :)

Thanks a lot Pedro. Could you help me how to apply this patch such as
the steps to load the patch please?

By the way, I am using postgresql 8.0.1. I think the patch will work for
all 8.0.x version, right?

Thanks again,
Ying