Re: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (WCCA) on - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (WCCA) on
Date
List pgsql-general
Wes wrote:
> Hmm..  What vendor throws such a clause into all their licensing agreements.
> Sounds suspiciously like Microsoft...
>
> I'm not a lawyer, but I believe things such as what vendors a government
> entity is using is required by law to be public information.
>
> Wes

I think we can safely assume it's either Oracle or M$ SQL server.

I am leaning towards oracle because the state of WI just had a huge
SNAFU with Oracle as their email provider.
They spent several million dollars on the Oracle groupware/email package
only to find it did not work(disapearing emails etc).
Guess they didn't know about postfix and Open Exchange :-)

Tony